Friday, August 14, 2009

Poetry Friday: Stretching Again



Tricia's Poetry Stretch challenge this week: Write a poem about an article of clothing. Here's mine, but I think the French in this needs some correcting...?

TOURISTE

She bought the blouse on the Rue des Rosiers
because she loved the buttons --
all mother-of-pearl, all small.
One secured the collar,
three closed each cuff,
eleven lined up nicely
down the silk,
throat to belly,
each button a word
in the opening sentence
of Le Livre de Cent-un Fantasies Parisiennes.



Ah, Paris.....perfect city for books, buttons, fantasies.


--------------------
POETRY FRIDAY THIS WEEK IS BEING HOSTED BY a wrung sponge.

8 comments:

Tricia said...

I have purchased clothing based on details like buttons and love the description of them in this piece.

tanita davis said...

That's lovely! I don't know that your French needs correction at all. (But this is me with two years of French under my belt a looong time ago.) I love the buttons, the photograph through the arch, and the lovely nostalgia of being a tourist

Jules at 7-Imp said...

...perfect for books, buttons, fantasties, and mysteries. I like the mysteries in that...

jama said...

Sigh. I LOVE how you caress every word. Ah, Paris!

Thank you so much again for letting me post, "A Night on the Town!" http://jamarattigan.livejournal.com/311839.html.

Jone said...

Love the shape of your poem and the photos. This is not one I got to write this week.

Kelly Fineman said...

Oh! So beautiful! Love this poem, and the way you've set the post up is gorgeous.

liz-scanlon said...

So so so gorgeously sensual...

Mary Lee said...

You buttoned this one up tight as can be!