Friday, August 14, 2009

Poetry Friday: Stretching Again



Tricia's Poetry Stretch challenge this week: Write a poem about an article of clothing. Here's mine, but I think the French in this needs some correcting...?

TOURISTE

She bought the blouse on the Rue des Rosiers
because she loved the buttons --
all mother-of-pearl, all small.
One secured the collar,
three closed each cuff,
eleven lined up nicely
down the silk,
throat to belly,
each button a word
in the opening sentence
of Le Livre de Cent-un Fantasies Parisiennes.



Ah, Paris.....perfect city for books, buttons, fantasies.


--------------------
POETRY FRIDAY THIS WEEK IS BEING HOSTED BY a wrung sponge.

8 comments:

  1. I have purchased clothing based on details like buttons and love the description of them in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely! I don't know that your French needs correction at all. (But this is me with two years of French under my belt a looong time ago.) I love the buttons, the photograph through the arch, and the lovely nostalgia of being a tourist

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...perfect for books, buttons, fantasties, and mysteries. I like the mysteries in that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. I LOVE how you caress every word. Ah, Paris!

    Thank you so much again for letting me post, "A Night on the Town!" http://jamarattigan.livejournal.com/311839.html.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shape of your poem and the photos. This is not one I got to write this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! So beautiful! Love this poem, and the way you've set the post up is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so so gorgeously sensual...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You buttoned this one up tight as can be!

    ReplyDelete