Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 2 - Residency: Post-It Notes and Upper Cuts and David Macaulay

Not a free minute today! There were two wonderful - and I mean wonderful - lectures this morning, one by Laura Kvasnosky about how to think visually and sequentially (via Post-It notes!) and the other by Elizabeth Partridge, about her sense that non-fiction is getting a little more respect these days. In the afternoon, Alan gave us his third look at What Makes a Good Story (teaching us, at the beginning of the lecture, how to perform an Upper-Cut - maybe you had to be there to understand.)  After the opening workshop sessions and end-of-semester reviews, five faculty gave readings of new work. David Macaulay made it to campus early - we've all been thrilled to begin our conversations with him.

Can't post more. Off to bed.

3 comments:

  1. Julie,
    Just to let you know I am gobbling up every post you write from the Rez. I miss you so and I feel so out of balance not being up there.
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a reading too. Keep the posts coming, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way Lindsey! I'm hanging on every word and wishing I were there. Miss you Julie (and Lindsey)! Kek kek

    ReplyDelete