Friday, April 27, 2012

Poetry Friday: No Water River, but Plenty of Poetry Splash

Renee LaTulippe * No Water River

Over at her blog No Water River,  Renee LaTulippe has been knocking herself poetry-silly all through April with readings-on-videos and interviews of people who write poetry for children: Laura Purdie Salas, Amy Ludwig VanDerwater, Kenn Nesbitt, Charles Waters, Irene Latham, Lee Wardlaw, Deborah Diesen, Greg Pincus, and J. Patrick Lewis (whose reading and interview will be posted next Monday.) I'm proud to have been included with this group of poets and to have my reading of an unpublished poem,  "No Strings Attached," be part of Renee's video archive now. The interview questions she sent me were special not the usual, and I had a lot of fun answering them.

You can also find Renee at her own No Water River You Tube channel,  at the All About Learning Press blog (where her alter ego, The Chipmunk of Doom, muses and rants) and at the WordSpark Editing site she maintains as part of her editorial work with writers. Busy lady!

Wish I could fly over to Italy, where Renee lives, and buy her a thank-you cappuccino, wish her a belated "Happy Birthday" (yesterday!) and talk about poetry. Or maybe just talk about rivers with no water and the Mediterranean Sea (with plenty of the same.)

Buon Compleanno, Renee!

------------------------------
The Poetry Friday round-up is being hosted this week by Tabatha Yeatts at The Opposite of Indifference. Head over there to see what other people have posted.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,

    Enjoyed the interview and your poem. See you in Vermont!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, what a lovely surprise this is! Thank you so much for all your kind words. This month has been a whirlwind indeed, but I've had a ball getting to know so many new poets and writers.

    I'm so glad you were(are) a part of the celebration!

    I hope you do come to Italy one day. I'll take you to my favorite cafe by the sea, where you can sit in peace and be inspired all the livelong day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that Renee has done an outstanding job of pulling together some unique interviews and visits with poets!

    ReplyDelete