Friday, November 25, 2016

The World So Sweet



Keeping it simple this year! Hope your conversations around the table were cheerful, your turkey was delicious....ditto stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, butter roll, jam, green bean casserole, cranberry velvet, fruit salad, pickles, olives, pie (marionberry, pumpkin, apple),whipped cream, etc.

Here's my offering for Poetry Friday:

Thank you for the world so sweet.
Thank you for the food we eat.
Thank you for the birds that sing,
Thank you, God, for everything.

(Well, maybe not everything. But quite a lot!)

---------------------------
The Poetry Friday round-up is being hosted this week by Carol at Carol's Corner.
Head over there for links to what other people have posted 

12 comments:

  1. Maybe we could tweak that last line to read

    Thank you, God, for all good things.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful that I have so much to be thankful for and am contemplating how I can contribute to there being more "good things" to celebrate! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful that I have so much to be thankful for and am contemplating how I can contribute to there being more "good things" to celebrate! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a prayer we used to say at my table growing up, Julie. Thanks for sharing. I hope your day was full of the blessings of good people and tasty food, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Linda, I remember saying this prayer as a little girl. And like Mary Lee, I'm having a hard time saying "thank you for everything" right now. I do, however, need to work on being more grateful for a whole lot of blessings in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I remember saying prayers like this for grace when I was growing up! A wonderful reminder to be aware of all the many blessings we have around us, each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Might as well say thank you for everything, I guess! Two sides of the same coin. (I am getting a kick out of your desk -- had I seen it before?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had that photo of my desk up for awhile, but the desk has gotten MUCH messier since then!

      Delete
  8. Love the simple grace you share, Julie. And your post resonates, because I partook of a similar meal yesterday--the first Christmas banquet of the season (since here in Canada we tucked Thanksgiving away several weeks ago).

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids said that prayer at their Montessori preschool. It's a catholic school staple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect Thanksgiving offering! Hope you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete