Friday, December 8, 2017

Poetry Friday: Roger McGough and Mrs. Moon

A visual poem.....

To complement December's beautiful supermoon, I'm offering up a poem by the multi-talented Roger McGough for today's Poetry Friday:

Mrs. Moon

Mrs. Moon
sitting up in the sky
little old lady
rock-a-bye
with a ball of fading light
and silvery needles
knitting the night.

If you're not familiar with McGough's work, I recommend you visit this webpage and take a look at his huge range of talents (and don't miss the cartoon down the page!) And thank you to sweet and talented Allyson Valentine Schrier, who gave me McGough's All the Best after we finished our semester together as advisor and student at the Vermont College of Fine Arts.

Today's Poetry Friday round-up is hosted by Lisa at Steps and Staircases. Head over there to see what other people have posted. 

4 comments:

  1. I do enjoy McGough's poetry. Will have to look for this book! Thanks for sharing Mrs. Moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all moon poems, Julie. This is terrific, a new "look"! Thanks for sharing Roger McGough's poetry. He is new to me, and now bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another moon poem for Poetry Friday--Thank you for sharing, Julie. I am not familiar with his work--will check him out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that "visual poem!" (and the other one, too!!)

    ReplyDelete