Friday, October 18, 2019

Poetry Friday: Ciardi, Reid, Brown...and Paschkis!

 
Today, I'm going to send you over to Books Around the Table, a Wordpress blogsite I share with four other writers, because this whole month we've been posting some of our favorite kids' poems. Specifically, I'm going to link you to the post by the multi-talented author and illustrator Julie Paschkis, because I love her choices: a poem by John Ciardi, a wordplay delight by Alistair Reid, and a poem (and book) completely new to me by Margaret Wise Brown. Julie P. recites that last poem to the crows in her neighborhood.


To lure you in, I'll post the Margaret Wise Brown poem here, but take the time to read Julie's choices - then, if you have time, click on the links she lists where each one of us (Bonny Becker, Margaret Chodos-Irvine, Laura Kvasnosky and I) posted a few favorites.

Little Old Rook
Little Old Rook
Where do you look? 
At the very last page
Of this very same book
Said the Little Old Rook.  


from Where Have You Been? by Margaret Wise Brown, illustrated by Barbara Cooney
--------------------------

The Poetry Friday Round-up is hosted today by the incomparable Jama Rattigan at Jama's Alphabet Soup. Head over there to see what other people have posted. Jama's blog always puts a smile on my face and often makes me hungry!  Thanks, Jama, for hosting!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for steering us to Books Around the Table, specifically Julie's post (I love crows!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading to fast...thought it was little old rock, and was scratching my head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delightful! Thanks for sharing the link to Books Around the Table.

    ReplyDelete