Friday, March 6, 2009

One More Post for Friday: A Poetry Stretch


Scroll down for my Poetry Friday post with a poem by Mary Cornish. But I want to add in a response to Tricia's POETRY STRETCH challenge (see The Miss Rumphius Effect) for this week: to write a personal ad written by an animal. I cheated - this is not written by an animal. But it is written by a magician and it involves an animal.

Magician's Assistant?

i saw u in half
price books, games
section, but no illusions:
my eyes threw knives
while u spun.
oh! i want
to pull you by the ears
out of my hat, honey-bunny,
make magic w/ me,
pls don't disappear again.




3 comments:

  1. Julie,

    I especially like the second half of your poem:

    "no illusions:
    my eyes threw knives
    while u spun.
    oh! i want
    to pull you by the ears
    out of my hat, honey-bunny,
    make magic w/ me,
    pls don't disappear again."

    Such fun! It made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,
    I agree with Elaine. I love the lines "make magic w/ me
    pls don't disappear again."

    I read it several times, and each time I enjoyed it more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, YOU make magic with your poems. I always like them a lot. So clever!

    ReplyDelete